||COMMENTS ON THIS REVIEW:
This is an embossed product - the metal is thin - it has to be so that it can be embossed.
The customer cut through the rubber silencer when fitting onto the tag. I offered to send a replacement but the customer was not interested. He had already moved on to an issue with the holes.
We do not have any issues with the holes wearing through. The tag is manufactured to US military spec. Mr Hodgson assured me that the hole will wear through in 3 to 4 days.
On this occassion the customer made threats to bad mouth the reputation of Collars and Tags across the internet unless an immediate refund was given. When accused of blackmail, Mr Hodgson said "well you could call it that".
I have never come across someone like this before, and I never wish to deal with Mr Hodgson again. Sellers beware!!
I leave the review up for other customers to learn from:
- please read the description of the tag being purchased
- if you buy an embossed tag, expect the metal to be thinner
- if you want a thick tag, buy an engraved tag (up to 3mm)
- be careful putting the silencer on - it needs to be gently stretched over the tag. Should you tear it, we are happy to supply another.
- in the very, very unlikely event of the hole wearing through, please let me know, especially if it happens in 3 - 4 days!
Mr Hodgson was told to return the tag for a refund. There is little more that can be done.
I found this to be a very inferior product. The steel is so thin that it cut through the rubber edging strip even before I fitted it to the tag to the dog's collar.
Without the rubber it rattles constantly ( it is extremely light in weight.)
I have no doubt that the hole in the tag wiould wear through in a very short time.
I tried to complain and was stone walled.
The tag is now consigned to the rubbish bin and I ceretainly will not be dealing with this company again.
Rating: [1 of 5 Stars!]